Zero Valent Iron Supplier
Hepure is a key supplier of Zero Valent Iron (ZVI) powders. In 2018 nearly 1000 tons of ZVI were provided to over 15 project within the US and internationally. Hepure as a distributor has supplied a little at 1 pound for laboratory testing to over 4,000,000 pounds for a single project. Each requires a knowledge of project requirements and trucking logistics. Samples of ZVI are typically provided in 1 and 5 pound (lb.) sizes. Additional amounts in 100 lb. bags, and 1000 lb. barrels are available for pilot testing. Typical project deliveries are in 2205 lb. super sacks. Hepure has the ability to supply small projects from domestic supply and import full containers (40,000 lb.) for larger projects. Containers can be brought into any port (domestic and international) reducing
the trucking cost for final delivery.
Why Ferox Zero Valent Iron Products
Since entering the environmental remediation market in 2000, Hepure’s ZVI reactive iron powders have become the most widely used micron-scale iron powders in the market, with documented successful outcomes at more than 150 sites across North America.
Zero valent iron (ZVI) powders are inert metallic iron shavings capable of treating chlorinated solvents abiotically, avoiding the production of harmful daughter products (DCE and VC). The use of ZVI as an in situ chemical reductant has become increasingly popular with the advancement of application processes. With smaller particle sizes and increased sophistication of injection equipment, zero valent iron powder is commonly injected in source areas and hard to reach areas where a typical permeable reactive barrier (PRB) is not feasible. Hepure also offers Ferox Plus, and emulsified zero valent iron solution.
Benefits of Zero Valent Iron Remediation (ZVI):
- Cost-effective – ZVI remediation provides the most value in consideration of reactivity and longevity in comparison to chemical oxidants
- Safe – does not contain harmful chemicals and are safer to handle when compared to chemical oxidants
- Long-term treatment (3-15 years longevity) – zero valent iron powder provides a long term treatment solution
- Sustainable/recycled/green – Hepure’s ZVI is recycled iron cuttings from production facilities which may be otherwise disposed at a landfill
- Destroys contaminants with no toxic end products or by-products – ZVI is a biotic reaction which destroys the contaminate with no intermediation by products such as dichloroethane and vinyl chloride
- Synergistic with bioremediation treatments – conditions the aquifer for ongoing bioremediation without providing potential bio-toxic chemicals or unfavorable aquifer conditions such as pH
- Not impacted by Soil Oxidant Demand (SOD) – does not react with the soil so all reactivity can be directed to the contaminant